How to "Fix" the education system

I think we can all agree that our current education system is in need of a tune-up.  From students, to parents, to the casual observer, I think we can all see the problems.  The question is: what are the solutions, and, if they are so obvious... why isn't anyone doing anything about it?

One thing I would do is take a serious look at relevance and our desired end-game.  That is, what are we training our children to become?

Do we want to crush creativity and create as many drones as possible?  I would put fourth that this is our current system's desire.  To create factory workers and to remove creativity as much as possible.  Which, used to be a really great idea for our economic structure.

Every economy needs those to do the less creative jobs; I am not an economist, and don't know the ratio - but it seems to me, that what we need are more billionaires, and less gas attendants or shopping center cashiers or any other job we've all seen slowly getting replaced by automation.

We need more internet wiz-kids, more drop shipping, more passive income, more vibrant, creative ideas and eye catching concepts.

In short, we need the exact opposite of fur trading.  While I could pick any subject in school to nitpick against, I find it very easy to pick on the fur trading I learned in grade 4.  I will totally corner the market on beaver pelts some day with my nasty leet pemmican making skills and quick skinning methods.

Here's the thing.  I didn't learn about passive income until I was out of high school.  WHY!?  Something so basic would have completely changed my focus in high school.  I would have been less interested in blogging for fun, and considerably more interested in blogging for fun and making a zillion dollars.

If you look at the sxe phils or the Smoshs or famous internet writers like The Darth Side, these internet sensations are simply creative introverted extroverts.  That is, those who like being in the spotlight, but, maybe weren't super popular in school.

Why don't we know about passive income, but do know how to make a catapult?  Why do I have extensive knowledge on the difference between alligators and crocodiles, but had to learn about affiliate income by fluke?

How would I change the education system?  I'd ask the richest people I knew what they knew, or at the very least, put "rich dad poor dad" into the reading curriculum at some point.

If kids had hope and billions in their creative, un-crushed cross-hairs, they would apply themselves and excel at learning and be the most wealthy generation to date.

Would that be a good thing?  Ask the economists.  Would it be awesome?  ...yeah.

This fellow has some great ideas about providing something of an "education commission"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just read your book! Thank you thank you thank you! Soooo great!

Author said...

you are most welcome!